A national health and wellness organization needed an independent, unbiased assessment of their current state of people, processes, and systems in place for the care of their employees.
A national health and wellness organization needed an independent, unbiased assessment of their current state of people, processes, and systems in place for the care of their employees. They had a mix of applications from leading vendors as well as complex and robust homegrown system. RCM was engaged to perform deep dive into the areas that handled employees and their data for the full employment life-cycle to identify opportunities for improvement.
RCM deployed a team of senior consultants to conduct interviews, observe the client team at work, and review the client’s documentation. Thirty-three client team members from executives to transaction processors were interviewed individually to get candid and honest responses. The interview and observation notes, along with the provided documentation were thoroughly reviewed by the RCM team yielding a total of 223 findings and 193 associated recommendations for improvement.
The findings and recommendations were presented in summary form to the executive team and in detail with the Shared Services, Human Resources, and Payroll teams. The findings identified deviations from best practices and industry standards, and the recommendations showed specific steps that could be taken to migrate to a more optimal state.
- Delivered a clear message to senior leadership regarding employee experience and changes that need to be driven from the top
- Provided the necessary insight to IT and business users on the need to upgrade systems, redesign and rebuild integrations, and plan to transition from solutions that are not scalable or struggle to meet the needs of the business
- Improved efficiency by reducing manual process, better utilizing existing system functionality, and implementing more automation
- Developed a blueprint to onboard external resources better suited to key leadership positions
- Identified training and certification opportunities for the HR and Payroll teams
Key Project Elements
Findings & Recommendations
Better Alignment of Systems with Business Needs