An IT Service Provider was implementing an HCM system from an industry leading vendor and had a need to integrate multiple external and internal systems (10+) with the new HCM system.
An IT Service Provider was implementing an HCM system from an industry leading vendor and had a need to integrate multiple external and internal systems (10+) with the new HCM system. They also wanted to improve the data flow and efficiency of integrations with the legacy environment by using modern technology including the vendor’s APIs wherever possible.
Since many of the integrations required similar data, RCM developed an integration hub using a SQL Server database that is synchronized every 30 minutes with a single API call to the HCM system. Secure endpoints were exposed that provided the specific payload needed for each integration. A separate service was built to capture new hire data from a 3rd party Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in real-time and populate same integration hub.
- Removed the maintenance responsibility and visibility of employee data from internal IT staff
- Allowed integrations with employee data to originate from a sole system of truth
- Improved efficiency and employee experience during onboarding
- Employed modern and secure access to data
- Provided cloud hosting with Azure services to adhere to internal audit and compliance mandates
- Allowed data synchronization to internal systems that could not be accomplished with the legacy environment
Key Project Elements
Integrated Systems to ADP Workforce Now
Captured Changes in Near Real Time
Used Modern Methods e.g., API
Allowed Scheduled and on-demand API Calls
Employed Strict Authentication Protocols